Upcoming events, promotional materials, campaign information, and more!
Information and registration information for all of our upcoming events and engagements opportunities!
2024 Member Orientation
February 7th, 2024 3pm - 4pm Virtual Via Zoom
Join us on Wednesday, February 7th for an hour long session about what Community Shares membership will look like in 2024. Whether you're new to this partnership or have been with us for years, this will be a time to come together and answer any questions as we gear up for another year.
Topics will include how workplace giving works, the calendar for campaign season, member benefits, and visibility and professional development opportunities. This presentation and all supplemental materials will be made available to all in the Member Resources Google Folder after the event.
Visit the Community Shares Member Google Drive to see recordings, presentations, and presenter contact information from previous Summer Learning Series, Mental Health Sessions, Professional Development presentations, and more
Cause Area Cohorts
At Community Shares, we have identified eight cause areas reflecting the diversity of Coloradans and our shared interest in building a more vital and vibrant state. As a new member organization and with every yearly recertification, each organization selects the Cause Area to which they most feel they belong.
These cohorts are quarterly opportunities to connect with other members working toward similar goals and missions. Four times a year, we will meet to how e can better support organizations with your unique challenges and aspirations.
Community Shares and our members work together every year to reach our mutual fundraising goals. To have a successful campaign season, it is critical that member organizations plan marketing and outreach efforts. These should include:
January – June (post-campaign season)
- Once campaigns are closed, Community Shares will notify you that Donor Reports are available through the Nonprofit Portal
- After you pull your donor list, make sure to thank your workplace-giving donors for their pledge. (CSC sends out their tax acknowledgement)
- Add those donors to your collateral mailing list
- Applications for the next CCC/CFC campaign cycles are due in January. Be on the look out for emails from Community Shares to address any issues with your recertification as we apply for those government campaigns on your behalf
- In February/March, we will send an email with a link where you can submit marketing content for your organization. Provide complelling and current content so we can be ready to promote your work during campaign season
July and August (gearing up for new campaign season)
- Send an outreach piece (e.g., email, postcards) to your past and current workplace giving donors including a thank you and encouragement to designate to give again.
- Publish an article in your newsletter about workplace giving.
- Remind your supporters to request your nonprofit for fairs and speaking engagements.
September - December (campaign season)
- Be ready to attend a fair (in-person and/or virtually)
- Push out information about the campaigns on your social media sites.
- Include campaign information in your newsletters and other special communications
- Kick-off your nonprofit’s internal workplace giving campaign!
- Help Community Shares open new campaigns.
Protected Member Information
This Community Shares Member Google Drive is a robust resource for any member looking to learn more about workplace campaigns, educational resources, special event logistics, and more!
The Member Google Drive contains:
- Campaign Results
- Campaign totals for your organization from the last six years of workplace giving campaigns
- Educational Resources
- Presentation Archive from the last two years of Summer Learning Series, Annual Member Business Meetings, and more.
- Login and password information for our partners at the Nonprofit Learning Lab
- Marketing Materials
- Community Shares current logos
- Some suggestions for website and email copy.
- Upcoming Event Support
- Any additional logistical and informational materials about upcoming events and engagement opportunities.
All current member contacts should have received an email granting access. To add other team members, please email Paige at firstname.lastname@example.org.