Why should you invest in Community Shares?
Because we leverage your dollars wisely and gratefully!
- Since 2005, Community Shares has dropped our campaign management fees from 17.5% to 10.6% in 2010, sending more dollars to our frontline nonprofit members.
- In 2010, Community Shares was invited to join the Colorado Association of Funders in recognition of our importance in the local culture of giving.
- Our CEO, Alyssa Kopf, was elected to the Board of Directors of the Colorado Association of Funders alongside executives of Colorado’s largest foundations. We will serve as a leading voice for inclusive giving in philanthropy in Colorado.
- We’ve added high quality organizations to our family of nonprofits to increase our program and geographic coverage including Arapahoe House, Denver Dumb Friends League, The Children’s Hospital Foundation, Latina Initiative, and Rocky Mountain Immigrants Advocacy Network.
- For the past three years, Community Shares has maintained our funding levels while other major funders were forced to make cuts in grantmaking.
- Finished 2008, 2009, and 2010 fiscal years in the black thanks to experienced and independent oversight of financials, hands-on money management, and prudent budgeting decisions.
- We’re partnering with the Open Media Foundation on an exciting new addition to My Colorado Project that will inspire discussions of philanthropy on social media.
- 2011 will mark our 25th year of inspiring inclusive giving in Colorado! Look for more news about our 25th anniversary in the months ahead.
- At Community Shares, when we say every dollar makes a difference™, it's more than a slogan - it's the Community Shares promise.